Investing in real estate is a tried and true way of creating additional income or profit and over time, ultimately having the choice of not having to work. While the idea is easy to start, it can be more confusing and disheartening down the road, fortunately, Entrepreneur magazine has broken down 7 fundamental steps into investing in real estate.
- Do -- plan your financial goals.
- Don't -- spend a fortune on books, tapes and seminars, then just put all that information on a shelf.
- Do -- look at plenty of properties.
- Don't -- postpone starting your investment program because you're waiting for that perfect "unicorn" deal.
- Do -- a thorough financial analysis.
- Don't -- try to buy property that the seller is not motivated to sell.
- Do -- know the difference between real estate investing and the business of real estate.