FinCon Expo is an annual peer conference for the financial media community. Attendees connect, learn to create compelling online content, and discover new trends in money and personal finance. Along with the traditional keynotes, sessions, and networking, this conference brings in a community of like-minded, creative people that inspire and engage.
Here are the some of the unique elements for FinCon 2016:
- Connecting Pro Pass level attendees to the companies and brands they want to do business with. The meetings are brief, focused, and scheduled ahead of time based on acceptance by both parties.
- From the kick-off party on Wednesday night to Saturday night, FinCon attendees will have plenty of opportunity to socialize and have fun.
- Ignite is a fun gathering of like-minded people where a democratically selected group of speakers get on stage for 5 minute talks on topics designed to entertain, educate, or excite.
- Each Ignite talk is called a "spark" and it's supposed to "ignite" thought and conversation around a single idea. Ignite is held offsite on Friday night.
- The Advisor Symposium will be taught by advisors and will contain traditional FinCon education (e.g. how to create, promote, profit from compelling online content) with an advisor focus.
- More than 75 exhibiting companies to meet in the expo hall. Additionally with two new education centers:
- Solution Center Stage -- A space for attendees to learn directly from solution providers the tips and strategies the suggest to create, promote, and profit from personal finance and investing related digital content.
- Innovation Center Stage – A space for attendees to learn what’s on the cutting edge in consumer personal finance and investing technology.
- Connect with freelances that specialize in writing, editing, video, SEO, design
, social media and more.
- Podcasting is the future and FinCon is dedicated to supporting this growing medium. This education track is to help better understand how podcasts will help expand your business.
- Get ready for the second annual FinCon Tech Startup Competition and Award, which will reward the best technology startups in personal finance and investing today.
- Now in its seventh year, the Plutus Awards celebrate the best in personal finance blogging, social media, and financial technology and products.
Patch of Land is excited to attend this year's FinCon Expo in Sunny San Diego! The expo will be held on September 21-24, 2016 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel/Marina. Make sure to register for the expo here.